Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Grad Status, Out-processing, and FTX.

24 April 2008
So to catch you up on what's been going on, I'll recap.

The past two weeks have been a blast. My best friend Stephanie flew into see me from Minnesota the weekend before last. Last weekend Brandon and Ashley flew in from Ohio to see me. Next week my mom is coming to visit for graduation, and by Friday I hope to be back in Ohio for the following week and a half.

I have been on grad status, which is amazing. Grad status means no physical training, no silly musters in the morning and afternoon and also no duty! Section leaders get two weeks of it, so I've been living the high life. Waking up anywhere from seven to seven-thirty. 

On the down-side, I have been working on out-processing. Getting stuff signed off on, getting shots for overseas duty and bla bla bla. It's such a hassle.

Next week is the final event though, the field training exercise. FTX is where we do everything we have learned the whole course through. We will spend two days on site staying overnight and everything. Other than that I have no clue what goes on, other than we get night vision!

I made the class graduation program, along with Green. We also made individual class books with samples of our work and a course description. So in honor of that I'm going to post up samples of everything I've done and have a little review sometime next week. I want to put up some pictures from FTX as well. So be on the look out for that!

4 comments:

  1. Diane said...

    I found your blog and find it very interesting. Our son started MC school March 28 ish. It sounds great, he says he is doing well and sounds like he is having a good time. That is great about Italy! Is graduation something we should go to? we live in California and are hoping he can come home for a week or two. thanks for the great blog.

    April 25, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

  2. Lady Knife said...

    Hey Adam! Its great to read your ups and downs especially since we seldom bump into each other on msn anymore. You sound spootastic! May the cabbages be with you my friend and wind in your sails, so on, so forth. Send my congrats to green too. Where is he being posted?

    May 1, 2008 at 3:42 AM  

  3. A. Wolfe said...

    Diane, thank you very much! You must be Morgon's Mother. Graduation is not a huge deal, I mean if you can make it that would be great, the support is nice, but it's an hour long roughly and he will most likely get to take leave before he goes to his command. I'm leaving today actually to go back to ohio for 11 days. Thank you again, for reading the blog, hope it's been helpful!

    Fel,
    Goober, you're right we hardly talk on msn anymore. Thanks for checking up on me I appreciate it. You'll have to visit while I'm in Italy. Green is just going down the road from here to Annapolis, Maryland.

    May 2, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

  4. eaweidler@yahoo.com said...

    I found your blog and find it very informational. One question you haven't posted in a very long time. How is it going for you? My son graduates boot camp next Wed. 11/25/09 and his A school is Fort Meade. How long is the school, is there a grad ceremony like Great Lakes? I am trying to stay one step a head of things like airline tickets hotels etc.

    November 22, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment